This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)
|Named for||Kardam Rishi|
|Elevation||397 m (1,302 ft)|
|Languages (*For language details see Koderma (community development block)#Language and religion)|
|• Official||Hindi, Urdu|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
As per 2011 Census of India, Kodarma Nagar Parishad had a total population of 24,633 of which 12,941 were males and 11,692 females. Scheduled Castes numbered 1,691 and Scheduled Tribes numbered 153.
As of 2001[update] India census, Kodarma had a population of 17,160. Males constitute 53% of the population and females 47%. Kodarma has an average literacy rate of 63%, higher than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 71%, and female literacy is 53%. In Kodarma, 17% of the population is under 6 years of age.
There are a number of schools and degree colleges in Kodarma:
- Capital University is a private university established in 2018.
- Jharkhand Vidhi Mahavidyalaya
- Jagannath Jain College
- Govt. Polytechnic, Koderma
- Grizzly College of Education
- Ramgovind Institute of Technology, it is a private polytechnic college
- PVSS DAV Public School, Jhumri Telaiya
Sadar Hospital is the government owned public hospital in the city.
- "2011 Census – Primary Census Abstract Data Tables". Jharkhand – District-wise. Registrar General and Census Commissioner, India. Retrieved 16 December 2015.
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 16 June 2004. Retrieved 1 November 2008.
- "Welcome to Jagannath Jain College, Jhumri Telaiya". jjcollege.edu.in. Retrieved 16 January 2020.
- "Government Polytechnic Koderma". gp-koderma.org. Retrieved 16 January 2020.
- "Welcome to Grizzly College of Education, Jhumri Telaiya, Koderma. Affiliated to Vinoba Bhave University,Hazaribag(Jharkhand)". www.grizzlycollege.org. Retrieved 16 January 2020.
- "Ramgovind Group Of Colleges - Koderma". www.rgc.edu.in. Retrieved 16 January 2020.
- "PVSS DAV Public School - Jhumri Telaiya". www.davkoderma.com. Retrieved 22 March 2022.
- Ray, Dhritiman (23 September 2018). "Modi lays foundations of two 300 bed medical colleges in Jharkhand". The Times of India. Retrieved 17 May 2019.
- "First unit of Koderma Thermal Power commissioned". The Economic Times. 4 November 2012. Retrieved 16 January 2020.